Sunday, June 17, 2007

One more time...

“Lucky, lucky girl you are…”

My friend Kahung wrote that line in the comment section of this blog. And he is absolutely right…

My travels were thrilling, joyous, uncomfortable, peaceful, highly emotional, slow at times, lighting speed otherwise, and full of big moments. I will NEVER forget…

…snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, swimming back to the boat, hand in hand with Amber….

…truly living in the present, in trepidation of every turn and step as Jenn and I went black water rafting in the Waitomo Caves and were humbled by Franz Josef…

…the awe-inspiring views as Mike and I hiked along Jinshanling, with the true understanding of why it is called the GREAT Wall of China…

…and the simple pleasures of kaiten sushi, karaoke and onsen hopping in Japan.

I am now back at home, back to work, and back to real life. At first glance, nothing was truly different when I got back…unless you consider me, of course. I am different. How? I am more of myself. Travelers understand what this means.

Mike says that we travel for no one else but ourselves, a profound statement I am only now beginning to understand.

I want to thank all of you who followed my blog entries, wrote comments and emailed. I am overwhelmed by how many people read my entries. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

To Mike, Amber and Jenn, you made my travels rich, and gave me the biggest gift of all: the ability to share these experiences with people I love.

My next adventure will soon come, because traveling is part of who I am. And then, I will re-open this blog and invite all of you to join me again.

“At moments of wonder, it is easy to avoid small thinking, to entertain thoughts that span the universe, that capture both thunder and tinkle, thick and thin, the near and the far.”

And this is all the reason you need to pack your bags and go see something new!

No comments: